Sunday, April 11, 2010

Elizabeth: The Virgin Queen

I just finished watching Elizabeth: The Virgin Queen (BBC). I really enjoyed this interpretation of Queen Elizabeth's reign. If I ever was in the business of movie-making, and happened to make a movie about Queen Elizabeth (both of which are two unfathomable if's) then this is exactly how I would have made it. Ann-Marie Duff, the actress who plays Elizabeth, surprisingly lacks what is known as contemporary beauty. But, I think it lends a great authenticity to the film, especially as no Hollywood retouching has been incorporated, and many of the actors have (or at least are shown as having) horrid teeth. Never have I seen a movie that gave me such inspiration for the Renaissance Festival.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

Mom said...

She definitely is not lovely, but fascinating to look at!

Hannah said...

isn't the guy in the 2nd picture the guy who played hannibal in hannibal rising? i believe it is...

Shelby said...

Actually this guy is Tom Hardy (he also played in Star Trek: Nemesis) but in Hannibal Rising it's Gaspard Ulliel, they do look similar though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails