Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Friend Gabrielle



I actually considered titling this something witty like Hot Coco (too pageant-ish) or Sweet Coco (misleading because she was know to be quite cold) and I finally decided just upon 'My Friend Gabrielle.' Not many people know that the iconic Coco Chanel's real name was Gabrielle (and a very pretty name I think too.) I could get into the whole history of her growing up in a convent then being a stage singer, then seamstress etc. etc. but you could just rent one of the the marvelous movies about her life (see Coco Before Chanel or Coco Chanel (TV)) Anyway, dear Gabrielle holds a special place in my heart, not only for being the creator of one of my absolute favorite fashion lines, but as the stars would have it; we have the same birthday: August 19.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

Esther said...

I love Coco. I saw that movie not to long ago. I didn't realize she had such a crummy life before...pretty crazy. That's so cool that you have the same Birthday!

Shelby said...

I know, I can't imagine having a life like that. It's amazing how much she accomplished despite it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails