Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mod Cloth Makes Me Smile


I love Mod Cloth. If you don't know about it, then you are sorely missing a sweet piece of life. It's an online clothing site created by two high school sweet-hearts, who show their passion for vintage and vintage-inspired clothing. It's not your standard clothing site; with witty stories along with exceptionally picked clothing. Just take a look at this Resistance Fighter Coat story (btw I totally want this coat, if the story is not enough, then simply for it's quirky military vibe!)

"I wonder what ever happened to David the Barrister. I met him in London, circa 2007. Haven't spoken to him since. I was out with my cousin, reveling at a cabaret-style bar. We were kicking up our heels and laughing, when a brown-haired dandy in a white button-down sauntered up to me. "You look like a fairy," he informed me. Such was my introduction to David the Barrister. We struck up a light conversation, and at some unmemorable point, he suddenly burst out in impromptu narrative. David proceeded to tell me a story in which I was a French Resistance Fighter and he a British Paratrooper. He would be delivering a message to me, an urgent message of utmost importance to the resistance. Just as he slipped me this note, a swarm of enemies would surround us! I would run into the woods, safe, as he was gunned down heroically, but not before we shared a direly romantic kiss. Frankly, thoughts of this story make me chuckle. Nevertheless, when I saw this BB Dakota coat, I thought of David's saga. This was it - the coat I would have worn as the French Resistance Fighter! I would have stood on that fated dirt path, this cloak's deep hood hiding my face as David tucked the aforementioned message into one of my front pockets. The enemy soldiers would have been so distracted by the look of me beneath the clean line of this garment's belted, black form, and button-edged, gold braid-bedecked front, that I would have easily escaped into the forest, the cape of the coat's mock sleeves streaming behind me. Wrapped in this stunner, I'd skillfully complete my mission, because whoever wears a coat this gorgeous, whether in fiction or reality, is bound for smashing success!" -Hannah, Fashion Writer

2 comments:

Hannah said...

yes, so i am here:) haha, and im getting you that jacket.

Shelby said...

I love it, but I don't know how practical it is for my life....but then again since when am I practical with my clothes :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails